Below are just some of the things which set us apart from other counselling services including the NHS:
What Arch Counselling and Psychotherapy can offer you
- No waiting around: We will aim to see you within the same week of your initial telephone call (even if referred to us by your Doctor). The current NHS waiting time to see an NHS counsellor in the Oldham / Saddleworth / Manchester area is 18 weeks.
- Wide range of experience:
- We are specialists in one to one and couples (relationship / marriage) counselling. NHS counsellors are not allowed to see couples.
- We have a lots of experience helping individuals and couples. For more information please view our What can you help me with? section.
- We are professionally trained and keep up to date with current ideas, thinking and best practice. We are also members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- We’re flexible and hassle free:
- You choose the best time to suit your availability (we work up to 9pm most weekday evenings).
- We offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments.
- You can choose to see us at our offices in Uppermill, Saddleworth or at your own home.
- You choose how often we meet: weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- There is no limit to the amount of sessions you can have with us. NHS counsellors can only see you for a maximum of 12 sessions.
- We have male and female counsellors.
- We offer support by telephone and Skype video conferencing for clients who live or work outside the Greater Manchester / West Yorkshire region.
- There is free parking available.
- We’re easy to get to and are just 30 minutes from Manchester, Stockport and Huddersfield.
- Value for money:
- We regularly check our pricing against other Greater Manchester / West Yorkshire region counselling services to make sure we are competitive.
- All our sessions last a full hour. Most counselling services including the NHS offer only 50 minute sessions.
- Comfortable surroundings:
- Our counselling rooms are comfortable and confidential.
- We also make a nice brew.
Please do call us to discuss how we can help you. There’s no obligation to arrange an appointment; our initial conversation will focus on what’s going on for you right now, and how we can help you. Our number is 0741 581 4882 or we can call you back.