We will give you the space to explore issues and find solutions to problems you might be experiencing in your relationship. Relationship / marriage counselling (sometimes referred to as mediation or Relate) can help couples:
- who feel their relationship together is coming to the end but want to give it another go
- who want to resolve conflicts or difficulties they are experiencing in their relationship
- who want to end their relationship but on good terms
- who are experiencing intimacy issues
Relationship counselling is also useful for:
- Individuals who want to understand why previous relationships haven’t worked out or who want to change negative patterns to develop more satisfying future relationships
Some of things we can support couples with:
- Abuse (domestic, sexual, child)
- Addiction (alcohol, drugs, gambling, purchasing, sex, pornography)
- Anger management
- Bereavement and loss (including pet)
- Bullying / harassment
- Illness (including cancer, AIDS, HIV)
- Gender / Transgender
- Money worries (debt, redundancy)
- Professional burnout
- Relationship issues (affairs, divorce, separation, growing apart, controlling behaviour, unfulfilled sex life, marriage, infertility, pregnancy, new baby)
- Termination / miscarriage / abortion
- Work life balance
The above list is a guide to the types of issues we can help with. It’s by no means definitive. For more information please view our What can you help me with? section.
What will the relationship / marriage counselling sessions cost?
The initial telephone conversation is free and you have no obligation to book an appointment.
All sessions last for one hour and cost £45. You can pay by cash, card or bank transfer at the time of the appointment.
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available.
Couples counselling works best when on neutral ground. We therefore do not offer home visits for couples.
Any sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will still be charged for as we will be unable to offer that session to another client.
Please do call us to discuss how we can help your relationship. There’s no obligation to arrange an appointment; our initial conversation will focus on what’s going on for you both right now, and how we can help you. Our number is 0741 581 4882 or we can call you back.